Autism also known as autism spectrum disorder is a
SYMPTOMS OF AUTISM
Autism may be apparent in child during the phase of infancy or during first three years of growing age. Few symptoms of autism observed in children includes
* Lack of social interaction.
* Delay in learning or completely unable to learn or understand language
* Unresponsive to simple questions asked.
* Avoids eye contact and have poor ability to express through facial expressions or gestures.
* Repetition of movements such as flipping, rocking, hand flapping or head bagging.
* Repetition of words or phrases without understanding the proper use of the word.
* Delayed speech or unable to speak clearly. Speaks with abnormal tone or rhythm.
* Unable to walk or difficulty in walking like moving on toes, uneven walking, stiffness in walking etc.
Three category of children exists with above-mentioned symptoms.
Have problems in learning and memorizing things.skill development in such a child is delayed as compared to a normal child.
HIGH LEVEL OF INTELLIGENCE:
They are quick learners but unable to communicate things. Such a child faces difficulty in expressing through words or gestures.
Few children with exceptional skills like master of art, highly creative, expert of mathematics etc. They are genius of the field of their interest and can excel in it if the skill is recognized timely and polished accordingly.
Causes Of Autism
Exact cause of autism is not identified yet, however research is being taking place to know the root cause of autism. Some scientist suggests that parents are susceptible to develop autism and transmit their genes to young ones. Researchers are trying hard to find that particular gene which is responsible to cause autism. Few scientists also suggest some neurological factors, infections and problems occurring at the time of birth may cause autism. Abnormal growth of brain can also be a reason of autism.
Child’s vulnerability to Autism
Children of all age and nationality are vulnerable to autism, but there are some factors which increase the risk of child to be victimized by autism.
A child born before completing a time period of 26 weeks in mother’s womb may be a victim of autism.
Parents Old Age:
This may also be an important factor that a child born to old age couple can be more vulnerable to have symptoms of autism.
The ratio of autism in girls and boys is of 1:4 .Boys have four times more tendency of being victimized by autism than girls
Those families who have a child with autism are more vulnerable to have more children attacked by autism spectrum disorder.