- Use Meta title in less than 65 character
- Use Meta description in less than 150 characters.
- If using any Social SEO plugin, make sure to add image for Facebook, Twitter. (Take advantage of social graph)
- Make sure to have social sharing buttons at the end of post or floating social sharing buttons.
- Have related posts after blog posts to lower down bounce rate.
Things you should avoid:
- Not more than one H1 heading tag as your post title is H1 tag, for WordPress users ignore it, because WordPress automatically adds H1 tag.
- Don’t repeat H2 and H3 Tag
- Don’t increase Keyword density by more than 3 %
Things to focus on:
- Try to use Keyword in your Post Title at beginning
- Use Long tail keywords / KeyPhrases (You can use up to 65 Character in your Post title)
- If writing in evergreen niche, remember to remove dates from the posts. (Use any plugins example “Date Exclusion SEO plugin”)
- Content length: Rule of thumb, the longer the article is the better it is. Though don’t try to uselessly increase the content size while compromising on your quality.
- At the end of each blog post, ask users to take action. Example: Give your valuable feedback, or Do you want to know any thing else, i would love to reply on yoour comments.
- You Must fill up Yoast fields given below
- Your Post must not cross 3% Keyword Density
- Use Plain English, Keep both Search robots and Readers in mind while writing
- Your Post must be at least 400 words in length
- Use at most 3 Internal Links only if relevant
- Nofollow Social links and links pointing to low Quality sites. Use rel=”nofollow” in the href parameter of such links
- While writing Lists or talking about Top10, always nofollow the links to the sites.
- Always add alt tag to your images. Add alt=”Image Description” in the img tag.
- No-index Coupon posts
- Always end your posts with a question to the readers. Forcing them to comment. You can ask their views, prompt them to ask for help or make them feel like you know them and you are actually talking to them.
- Be friendly in tone and never formal. Never sound like a robot!